INTERPRETATION OF OBEDIENCE RULES
Reference is made to the Utility Class, Signal Exercise rule in the current ANKC Ltd Rules for the Conduct of Obedience Trials and in particular to clarification of the highlighted section noted below:
Deductions – Substantial: For any double signal or failure to sit, stand or down during the heel routine, prolonged signals, slow response to signals.
The National Obedience & Tracking Committee has confirmed the following interpretation which shall be binding in accordance with the rules:
A substantial deduction applies where a dog who fails to stand on the lead up to the final portion of the Signal Exercise in the UD Class.
SUMMARY OF THE ANKC LTD ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING & BOARD MEETING
At the recent Annual General Meeting of the Australian National Kennel Council Limited held in Sydney:
1. Election of ANKC Ltd Vice President and Treasurer
At the October 2017 ANKC Ltd Board meeting, Directors resolved/considered the following:
1. CACIB Shows
It was resolved to adopt a new set of regulations for the conduct of CACIB Shows. These regulations will be included in ANKC Ltd Regulations Part 5 under Section 6.
2. Additional ANKC Ltd Special Board Meetings
3. ANKC Ltd Judges’ Contract – General and Dances with Dogs
4. * Visiting Overseas Judges Evaluation Procedure
5. * National Code of Ethics of Responsible Dog Ownership - Amendment
Clause 11 amended to read:
Clause 31 amended to read:
“Please contact Dogs [insert State/Territory] on email: [insert email address] to verify my membership”.
Inclusion of new Clause 32 to read:
6. * Regulations Pertaining to Non Resident Draft Test Judges
It was resolved to approve a set of regulations pertaining to Non Resident Draft Test Judges.
7. Subsidiary Company
It was resolved that ANKC set up a subsidiary company to act as a charity to finance canine health and welfare with the ability in perpetuity for ANKC Ltd to appoint the Directors.
It was resolved to unanimously reject a recent submission received from the German Shepherd Dog Council of Australia for ANKC to consider reversing its policy and permit the conduct of Schutzhund/IPO in Australia.
9. * ANKC Ltd Rules - Amendments
Amendments to the following rules have been endorsed.
ANKC Ltd Rules for the Conduct of Agility Trials
10. * ANKC Ltd Regulations - Amendments
Amendments to the following regulations have been endorsed.
* New or Amended regulations, policy statements, procedures, publications and listings will be made available from the ANKC Ltd website.