(Page 1, Page 2)
OCTOBER 2021 AGM & BOARD MEETING SUMMARY
At the recent Annual General Meeting of the Australian National Kennel Council Limited held via Zoom video conferencing:
1. ELECTION OF ANKC LTD EXECUTIVE:
• Mr Hugh Gent OAM was re-elected unopposed as President for a three-year term from 16 October 2021.
• Ms Pam Campbell was elected unopposed as Vice President for a one-year term from 16 October 2021.
• Mr David Sales was re-elected unopposed as Treasurer for a one-year term from 16 October 2021.
• Mrs Ulla Greenwood was elected as a member of the Executive Committee for a one-year term from 16 October 2021.
At the October 2021 ANKC Ltd Board meeting, Directors resolved/considered the following:
21. DANCES WITH DOGS JUDGES – FCI JUDGES LISTING:
FCI has confirmed all FCI discipline Judges can be added to the FCI Judges Directory if they comply with FCI qualifications. A notice will be distributed to ANKC Member Bodies in due course confirming how interested Australian Judges can arrange to be included on the Directory.
3. MURRAY RIVER RETRIEVER – RECOGNITION:
It was resolved to formally recognise the Murray River Retriever as a breed under development as from 1 January 2022 in accordance with Regulations Part 6 – The Register & Registration, Section 10.
4. AUSTRALASIAN BOSDOG – RECOGNITION:
It was resolved to formally recognise the Australasian Bosdog as a breed under development as from 1 January 2022 in accordance with Regulations Part 6 – The Register & Registration, Section 10.
5. ROTTWEILER BREED SURVEY:
It was resolved that ANKC conduct a survey of all Rottweiler breeders and owners to determine whether the dogs with natural bob tails should be placed on the Limited Register. The results of the survey will be considered by the ANKC Board.
6. JACK RUSSELL TERRIER SURVEY:
It was resolved that the results of the Jack Russell Terrier survey be endorsed and for the breed standard to be amended as follows:
Chest deep rather than wide, with good clearance and the brisket located at the height mid-way between the ground and the withers. The body should be proportioned marginally longer than tall, measuring slightly longer from the withers to the root of the tail than from the withers to the ground the length from the point of the shoulder to the buttocks slightly greater than the height from the withers to the ground. Back level. Ribs should be well sprung from the spine, flattening on the sides so that the girth behind the elbows can be spanned by two hands - about 40 cms to 43 cms. The loins should be short, strong and deeply muscled.
The change will be to replace the wording highlighted in red with the highlighted wording in bold. To be effective immediately.
7. CACIB SHOWS: 2022-2025:
It was resolved the following confirmed expressions of interest to conduct CACIB Shows in 2022-2025 have been approved by ANKC for submission to FCI for their approval:
- Dogs Victoria: 25 March 2023 - Twilight Canine Country Club.
- Dogs SA: 2 June 2022 - Dogs SA Winter International.
- Dogs Queensland: 11 June 2023 - Yuggera Canine Club/Dogs Queensland Shows.
- Dogs NSW: 1 September 2023- The Royal Canin International Spring Fair.
- Dogs Queensland: 1 October 2023 - Beaudesert Kennel Club.
- Dogs Queensland: 9 June 2024 - Yuggera Canine Club/Dogs Queensland Shows.
- Dogs West: 12 July 2024 - The FCI Winter Festival Championship Show.
- Dogs NSW: 30 August 2024 - The Royal Canin International Spring Fair.
- Dogs Queensland: 6 October 2024 - Beaudesert Kennel Club.
- Dogs Queensland: 8 June 2025 - Yuggera Canine Club/Dogs Queensland Shows.
- Dogs Queensland: 5 October 2025 – Beaudesert Kennel Club.
8. IDENTIFICATION OF NATURAL BOB TAIL (NBT) ON THE ANKC LTD BUSINESS SYSTEM:
It was resolved that the recorded information of Natural Bob Tail, identified on the pedigree database as ‘NBT’, as part of the printed information that appears as part of a dog’s registered name or number, ensuring that this information is included in relation to their official identification. To be effective from 1 July 2022.
9. IDENTIFICATION OF LEGALLY SHORTENED TAIL (LST) ON THE ANKC LTD BUSINESS SYSTEM:
It was resolved to implement an identification code of ‘LST’, noting a Legally Shortened Tail, to be added to the dog’s name as a suffix pursuant to receipt of a certificate verifying that the dog has had this Veterinary procedure in line with legislation. To be effective from 1 July 2022.
It was resolved the implementation of ‘LST’ be endorsed on the registrations of all dogs that have been previously registered under Vet Certification that they have a Legally Shortened Tail. To be effective from 1 July 2022.
10. NATURAL BOBTAIL DOBERMANNS:
It was resolved for any Dobermann applying to be registered as a Natural Bobtail (‘NBT’) must show DNA proof of purity of breed and a positive NBT DNA result effective from 1 January 2022.
11. ANKC LTD / AUSTRALIAN FLYBALL ASSOCIATION (AFA) AGREEMENT:
It was resolved to endorse the new agreement which will become effective from 9 February 2022, immediately following the expiration of the previous agreement. The new Agreement will apply for a period of five years.
12. ANKC LTD JUNIOR HANDLER FINAL COMPETITION:
It was resolved that due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions there will be no National Final conducted in 2021.
13. ANKC LTD REGULATIONS PART 6 – THE REGISTER & REGISTRATION – AMENDMENT:
It was resolved that Regulations Part 6 – The Register & Registration be amended with the inclusion of Section 10 pertaining to the recognition of New Breeds. To be effective immediately.
14. ANKC LTD RULES – AMENDMENT:
Amendments to the following rules have been endorsed:
ANKC Ltd Rules for the Conduct of Draft Tests
* New or Amended regulations, policy statements, procedures, publications, and listings will be made available from the ANKC Ltd website.